Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lost in the World of Bacco Pasticceria

Ever since my blogger buddy (My Date With Food) posted her mouth-watering blog of Bacco Pasticceria, I have this urge to have my own Bacco experience.

Finally the day has arrived! Like a child lost in a candy world I was ecstatic, giggling all the way to Chifley Square at the prospect of indulging myself in a tempting selection of pastries. As soon as I was in front of the window display I knew straightaway that I was in trouble. Which one should I try? After what seems like an eternity, I made up my mind on the Rose Macaroon and Caramelised Pear Butterscotch Mousse.

Too excited to notice/check the receipt that one of the order was wrong, I happily walk away with my Bacco box. Only after I arrived home and open the box (to salivate over the cakes) had I realised that the lady behind the counter has mistaken/misheard the Caramelised Pear for the Panna Cotta. However, this sweet mishap does not bother me at all as I will be coming back for more.

Panna Cotta $6
 I am not a big fan of panna cotta as it is usually very sweet and firm in texture. However, Bacco's panna cotta was softer more like a custard texture. I love the fact that they used vanilla beans in the panna cotta, strong aroma and not overly sweet. The berries were great contrast to the vanilla panna cotta, bursting with sour flavour, leaving me feeling contented.

Rose Macaroon $6
The rose macaroon was my first pick, its beautiful tower of macaroon and the delicate rose petal perched so elegantly on top won my heart instantly. The almond meringue macaroon was very light and chewy, with sprinkle of crunchy crushed almond nuts on top. It's filled with fresh strawberries, fruit jam in the middle and subtle rose flavour infused ganache.

Bacco Pasticceria
Chifley Plaza
2 Chifley Square, Sydney
Tel: (02) 9223 9552

No comments:

Post a Comment