Monday, August 23, 2010

A Weekend of Self-pampering

Every now and then we deserve to pamper ourselves, give our mind and body a relaxing treatment. Last week I received a gift voucher, free footbath and facial at Endota Spa. I decided to use it on the weekend and treat myself to an hour of pampering. It was a really nice and relaxing treatment, so much so that I fell asleep towards the end.

As a dessert lover, self-pampering also means an afternoon of cake indulgence. I went to La Renaissance for lunch, sat at the backyard and enjoyed the warm and sunny day. I ordered the Baguette Saucisson et Crudités and Lemon Tart.

I really love the Baguette, fresh and crunchy. The salami was not too spicy and it was complimented with fresh mixed salad, a light and refreshing meal.
Hungarian salami with mixed salad and cornichon mayonnaise $9

The lemon tart was a real delight for me, it was the perfect dessert to complete my meal. The tart was of the right texture, almost crumbly when you bite it. The lemon custard is probably not for everyone's tastebud, but if you love lemon or sour flavour then you will love this. It was soft and creamy, I just kept wanting more and more. The only complain I have about the cake is the size, it was way too small for me!
Lemon Tart $6

Now it's your turn to pamper yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment