Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Apple & Ricotta Pastry Squares - MasterChef Australia

Lately I have been following MasterChef Australia Session 2. This show has inspired me to be more creative in my cooking and baking. Unfortunately the long hours at work has been keeping me away from pursuing that creativity.

I found this Apple & Ricotta Pastry Squares recipe from the official MasterChef website. A quick and easy dessert which only takes 30 minutes to prepare. I have slightly improvised the recipe by replacing a few of the ingredients. Instead of using mixed spice, I use cinnamon as it goes really well with apple and covers the honey taste which I dislike. The ricotta cheese itself taste very bland and only provides an added texture to the dessert. As for the jam, feel free to use any flavoured jam or you can even replace it with cream/vanilla ice-cream/yogurt. 


Makes 4

Ingredients
125g Ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 4 squares
1 pink lady apple, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon mango, passionfruit & paw paw jam (can be replaced with your own favourite jam)

Method
1. Combine ricotta cheese, honey and cinnamon.
2. Divide between each pastry square.
3. Place the ricotta mix in the centre of each pastry square.
4. Top with thin slices of apple and brush with jam.
5. Bake at 190 degree C for 10-15 minutes until golden.

1 comment:

  1. I have written an article regarding a cooking game in Australia where in the contestants are merely kids but all have a potential in cooking. if you are not familirized with the show maybe you can read it at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/junior-masterchef-2010-australia.html


    hope you like! :)

    ReplyDelete