Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mixed Berries with Honey Crème Fraîche Martini


What do you do when you are down with the flu and still craving for something sweet?

A lot of people said that honey is good for your health and some even recommend that you take it daily. I am one of those people who does not like honey. I find the taste very peculiar, but to be honest since I rarely have it I can barely remember how it taste like.

So here I am trying to make my dessert (or should I say 'myself') feeling less guilty by adding a touch of honey to it. To make this heavenly dessert you need a good French Crème Fraîche.

I love berries and you can easily get the mixed frozen berries from your local shops. The sourness of the berries covers that peculiar honey taste which I am still not accustomed to. Add a sprinkle of crushed almonds for a crunchy finishing touch.


Makes 2

3 tbs Crème Fraîche
1 tsp honey
1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 tbs crushed almonds

In a bowl, mix the crème fraîche with honey and whip it lightly until combined.
Place the crème mix on your preferred choice of glass or bowl.
Add the mixed berries and sprinkle some crushed almonds.
Ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment