Sunday, April 18, 2010

Toasting My Way to a Splendid Weekend

Waking up to a refreshing and fulfilling breakfast at Toast Cafè kicks off my weekend to a great start. A place to relax and unwind, Toast Cafè welcomes you to a casual yet modern dining experience. I love the way the owner makes full use of the corner location by placing high ceiling windows; there is no better way of enjoying your Saturday breakfast by the cafe window on a warm and sunny autumn day. It makes you very reflective of Australia.

The Japanese bird cage of entrancing design captured my full attention as I entered the cafe. One of the friendly wait staff told me that the owner loves everything Japanese. 

My breakfast journey began when I saw the Specials board that was casually rested on one of the wooden chairs next to the entrance. I knew straightaway that the 'Japanese' Breaky was one not to be missed. Why should I settle for the usual poached eggs or big breakfast when this unique dish will take me to a whole new level?
Japanese Breakfast $14.50 (extra $4 for smoked salmon)
Organic scrambled eggs, brown rice, black sesame & soy dressing
Not everyone can handle the pungent Japanese wasabi for breakfast, but for me it is one of the essential condiments for a Japanese rice meal. The healthy, nutty & chewy brown rice is topped with creamy scrambled eggs and avocado. A handful of seaweed and a sprinkle of black sesame adds to the finishing touch, and not to forget the wasabi for a memorable fiery meal.

Mexican Breakfast $16.50
Organic scrambled eggs w jalapeños & coriander; wrapped in a tortilla w grilled tasty cheese, sour cream, avocado & fresh salsa
Yet another scrambled eggs dish, but with a fiery twist on its own. The eggs is scrambled with jalapeños and coriander, wrapped in a tortilla and grilled with tasty cheese on top to create a crispy texture. The sour cream and guacamole is probably too heavy for breakfast, but a Mexican dish will not be complete without these ingredients. Fortunately the dish comes with a freshly made salsa that gives the meal a light and refreshing touch. 

You can't help but feel satisfied leaving the cafe after a hearty meal and that picture of the barista laughing sums it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment