Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lemon Tart

My obsession with lemon tart started with Jamies Oliver's restaurant Fifteen in Melbourne. It was the best lemon tart I have ever tried so far. Here I am trying to rekindle that wonderful experience by baking my own lemon tart. I found this recipe and meticulously followed every step of the way. The hardest part for me was making the pastry from scratch and transferring it (without breaking) to the pan. Did I successfully transfer the pastry without breaking it? Definitely NOT. The edge of the pastry was breaking into pieces and I inelegantly 'stitch' them back together. Let's hope for a better luck next time!


My imperfect pastry - with all the holes & unevenness

Making full use of my blowtorch to create a caramelized top


Do treat yourself with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or crème fraiche which goes really well with the sourness of the lemon tart.

1 comment: