Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celebrating CNY & Valentine's Day with Adriano Zumbo's macarons

This year's Chinese New Year falls on the same day as Valentine's day. One of the tradition in celebrating CNY is to have sweets and cookies. After I did my weekly grocery at Eveleigh Farmers' Market , I head down to Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier at 296 Darling St, Balmain and get a box of macarons to complete our CNY celebration.

It was hard deciding how many macarons and what flavours to get as I wanted to try all of them! I managed to control myself and came out with only ten(10) macarons, and $20 less in my wallet (cost $2 each). 

Unfortunately I have to share my macarons and only managed to have five(5). However, I made sure that I have my hands on the Mexican Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Passionfruit. I love the Chocolate Passionfruit flavour (third from the front row in the image below), it still maintains the sourness of the fruit and was definitely less sweeter than Lindt's Passionfruit delice. I have nothing against Lindt's delice (a fan of its 70% Excellence delice), I just prefer my macarons to be on the less sweet side.

Heart shaped macarons for the special V day!

Some of the other flavours that I bought were: Normal Dark Chocolate, Caramel & Salted Chocolate, Vanilla, Rasberry, Coffee, Lychee & Pandan, and Strawberry.
I quite like the peculiar taste of the Caramel & Salted Chocolate macaron. The chewiness of the caramel blends really well with the saltiness of the chocolate.

Adriano Zumbo Café Chocolat will be one of my next destination wish list. My aim is to recruit enough ladies/daring men to devour as many cakes as we can stomach!
Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment