Wednesday, February 24, 2010

'Crostata di limone' FIFTEEN

I have been wanting to try Jamie Oliver's restaurant FIFTEEN ever since it opened in Melbourne, located at Basement, 115-117 Collins Street (Enter through George Parade). So with my last minute booking, I managed to get a table for Friday lunch. I made the reservation through the website and received an email confirmation pretty much on the same day.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by the cozy and relax 'bar' area where you can enjoy you meal.

It was a really hot day when we arrived in Melbourne that morning, so I decided to order a cocktail. Being a vodka lover, my eyes were immediately set on the Pomegranate Caprioska $16.
Just the right amount of sweetness from the raspberry & sourness from the fresh lime!

Patiently waiting for the chef to prepare our feast..

Our Antipasti, Primi and Secondi, which consist of (from top left clockwise):
Parmesan with jamon Serrano, cheese sticks and black pepper $16
Sourdough bruschetta with grilled squid, zucchini ribbons, chilli and salsa rossa piccante $16
Galletto 'al mattone' with chorizo, capers, grapes and a pearl barley salad $35
Risotto (vialone nano) with zucchini, zucchini flowers, king prawns and Shiso cress $20

However, the highlight of my lunch was this lemon tart. It was smooth and creamy, with a refreshing lemon taste. If you like your dessert to be on the sour side, you'll definitely love this dessert! I enjoyed it thoroughly and look forward to make one myself.
'Crostata di limone' with vanilla crème fraiche and fresh raspberries $12

No comments:

Post a Comment