Thursday, February 11, 2010

Macarons - Love & Hate


I have a love and hate relationship with macarons - had my first taste of macarons from Lindt a couple of years ago. They were just too sweet for my liking! Then came along the 70% Excellence Delice from Lindt, which I have come to love ever since.

Just look at how perfect they are!

You can get them individually ($2.20 each) or a pre-selected flavor box of six(6) & twelve(12). 

I made a trip to Japan in December 2009, with a mission to try the famous Pierre Hermé's macarons.
Pierre Hermé at Isetan Shinjuku, Tokyo

Bought the Christmas/New Year special edition which consist of three(3) different types of savoury macarons, of two(2) I know for sure they were truffle and foie gras. Not knowing what the other one was due to language barrier (the description was in Japanese & French), I still thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

This is where the 'hate' of my macarons story starts. With my newfound obsession of macarons, I decided to try my hands in making them. I successfully bake my first ever green tea macarons!
Before putting the batch in the oven

In the oven, perfect with the 'feet'

Fresh out of the oven, with green tea white chocolate filling
                    
Thinking that it was so easy to make, I tried making dark chocolate macarons and blueberry macarons (one after the other) without success. I was so devastated, kept searching & reading blogs after blogs and realized that it is not easy after all. I am taking a break now and hopefully I will have enough courage for another attempt soon.

In the meantime I will prepare myself for an adventure weekend with Andriano Zumbo's macarons .

Keep tune!

2 comments:

  1. Let me make the first mark on your blog haha...

    "Lenny was here"

    As a dessert and food photography enthusiast, I will keep tuning =9

    ReplyDelete