Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shoya's Dessert Platter

Shoya Restaurant, Melbourne...a must place to visit for Japanese food lover. It's on the higher end, but worth every cent!
I always go back there for the Ox Tongue, deliciously thick, creamy and it melts in your mouth...
However, this time I found another three(3) favourites and one of them is the dessert!

My all time favourite Japanese food is the Chawan Mushi, and here at Shoya you can spoil yourself with the Crab Meat & Truffle Chawan Mushi for $38.50.
I highly recommend that you DO NOT share this with anyone else!

Another of Shoya's twist is the Kani Cheese Miso $10.50, crab and cheese in miso soup. The combination of the cheese (my guess: blue cheese) and miso was divine. My husband and I initially ordered one(1) to share, but the waiter suggested that we order one each so that we won't fight for it. Glad that we listened to him!

Now this is where the fun part begins, dessert time! Decision..decision, which one should I go for?? Then I saw it, the Dessert Platter YAY! It's the Chef's choice of 3 or 4 types of Shoya's home made desserts $25/35. Knowing that I have to tackle most of the desserts myself, I ordered the 3 types.
They were the:
Kurogoma Panacotta (soft and creamy, strong black sesame flavour)
Black sesame with panacotta to make smooth pudding covered with nostalgic soy bean and green tea powder

Sea Urchin Cheese Cake (can't really taste the sea urchin, but it's light and not overly sweet)
Surprise mix of fresh sea urchin smothered and cooked to make perfect and surprising cheese cake

Tofu Chocolate Mousse (low in fat and high in protein, somehow I felt guilty eating it)
Smooth light chocolate mousse smothered with tofu

My favourite out of the three(3) was the Kurogoma Panacotta. The green tea powder compliments the not so overly intense black sesame flavour.


No comments:

Post a Comment