Sunday, March 7, 2010

Breakfast at Cumulus Inc., Melbourne

Yes, I am using this dessert blog to post my yummilicious and unique breakfast experience in Melbourne. I can't help but to share it with all of you.

Our Melbournian friend has kindly invited us to dine in one of Melbourne's chic restaurant. Cumulus Inc. opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We arrived early at 8.30am to avoid the morning rush and managed to secure ourselves a table. As soon as I stepped in, I fell in love with the place. There are five different configurations of seating; the main bar, the marble bar overlooking the open kitchen, a high & round communal table and the standard table with either bentwood chairs or banquette seating.


I ordered the Cumulus Inc. 'most talked' breakfast. Tom Cooper's smoked salmon, 65/65 egg, sorrel, apple and dill. So what's the deal with the 65/65 egg? Well, I am told that it's the perfect slow poached process, where the egg is poached in its shell at 65 degrees for 65 minutes. My verdict: soft and the yolk leaks out slowly as you cut through it with your knife. And I love the fact that they use sourdough bread!

Whereas my husband ordered the Turkish baked eggs, spiced tomato, dukkah, labne. I love the texture and aroma of the dukkah, so rich in flavour. Definitely a must try dish if you are looking for something out of the ordinary.

Check them out if you happen to be in Melbourne and do try to get there early!

No comments:

Post a Comment