Sunday, March 28, 2010

Croquembouche Pâtisserie

All about France!
Love their language, wine, butter, baguettes, pastries but little do I know about their country/history. I hope the French do not take any offense on such an ignorant person like me.

Croquembouche Pâtisserie, another French Pâtisserie at Botany Road, Banksmeadow. This cafe is smaller and more like the neighbourhood style cafe than Brasserie Bread. Nevertheless, you will find yourself lost in an abundant selection of savoury and sweet pastries.

The Chicken & Mushroom Crepe is not your ordinary savoury crepe. It comes with melted cheese! It is a very rich dish for breakfast, however every single bite is bursting with flavour.
And the Chicken Baguette...divine! The baguette is crispy - in itself its tasty and crunchy. The toasted chicken, tomato and melted swiss cheese filling completes the dish as a whole. 

My enjoyable breakfast was accompanied by this cute dog, how can I resist the look on her face...

Warning: do not leave empty handed after your breakfast/lunch! Ensure to treat yourself to at least one (or as many as you want to indulge) of the sweet pastries. I could not resist their delicate little treats! 

My love for desserts has always been towards the less sweet side, hence the Mango & Passion Mousse is my favourite. The mousse is so fine and soft, and the contrasting sweetness of the mango compliments the sourness of the passionfruit. As for the Milk Chocolate Mousse, initially I was a little bit skeptical. However, this cake was highly recommended by the staff. Surprisingly, the mousse is not as sweet as I anticipate it to be and the texture is very light.
Mango & Passion Mousse

Milk Chocolate Mousse

Tiramisu
The Tiramisu was a tricky one for me, I cannot decide whether to like or dislike it. The taste is quite bland, mild coffee flavour and the sponge is not as soft. Overall, it's very different to the traditional Italian tiramisu. My guess is: this is the French style tiramisu?

Well...
Bon Appétit !

No comments:

Post a Comment