Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tea Time with Pattison's Patisserie

Pattison's Patisserie is one of the newest shop recently opened at Top Ryde City Shopping Centre. I have been wanting to try the cakes every time I do my weekly grocery shopping there. Last Saturday I finally bought myself two(2) cakes. I managed to take a couple of pictures with my phone before the shop assistant told me no pictures allowed. 


Baked Lemon Lime Tart $5.20
'Shortbread base filled with a lemon and lime custard filling consisting of fresh cream, fresh eggs and sugar and of course lemon and lime'

Apple & Cinnamon Tart $4.90
'Shortbread base filled with poached apples and cinnamon finished with a shortbread lattice top and glazed'



I was hoping that the Baked Lemon Lime Tart will be more on the sour side, however I have to actually squeeze the lime juice to give it a kick. The texture of the custard was not as soft as I like it to be. I guess ever since I had Jamie Oliver's Lemon Tart from Fifteen I have high expectation for lemon tart.

As for the Apple & Cinnamon Tart, I like the filling. Its not too sweet and the apple & cinnamon definitely compliment each other. I wish the shortbread was thinner so I get to enjoy more of the filling.

Will I ever go back there and try the other cakes? Maybe...and hopefully I'll have a more satisfying experience.

1 comment:

  1. Good one!
    I would love to try the apple and cinnamon tart! Love any dessert with apple =)

    ReplyDelete