Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Midweek Indulgence at La Renaissance

Heard of the famous book by Mireilla Guiliano, 'French Women Don't Get Fat'? It is one of the books that has been highly recommended by my Sister-in-law, but I have not gotten around to read it yet.

Well apparently, "French women don't get fat, but they do eat bread and pastry, drink wine, and regularly enjoy three-course meals." - Janet Maslin, New York Times
I'm not French, but I can so relate myself to that statement (from the 'but' onwards)!

La Renaissance has always been my favorite Pâtisserie in Sydney. Located at 47 Argyle Street The Rocks, it is less than ten(10) minutes leisurely walk from my office. Tell me, how can I not be tempted to take an afternoon break from work and indulge myself?

As soon as I entered the shop I was lost in sweet la la land, which one should I get? They all look so delicate, beautiful and most importantly mouth-watering!

Being a passionfruit and berries lover, I bought the Passion De Pierre and Larme De Gaugin which you can either eat in for $7 or take away for $6.

Passion De Pierre
The passionfruit mousse is so light and creamy, and the added layer of raspberry jelly in the middle compliments the sourness of the passionfruit. It is encased in joconde, which is a mixture of eggs, ground almonds, icing sugar and a little flour, made into sponge like sheets.

Larme De Gaugin
Similar to the Passion De Pierre, it is also encased in joconde. Light and creamy, you just can't get enough of the mixed berry mousse.

I will definitely go back to La Renaissance, maybe this time I'll dine in (enjoy the outdoor cafe) and order myself a baguette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment