Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spanish Churros, San Churro

I have a confession to make...

At first I created this blog because I want to slowly explore desserts all over Sydney & everywhere else, and intend to take the pictures with my SLR. However, lately I have been using my blog as an excuse to eat desserts almost every other day. And since my full-time job doesn't require me to carry my SLR around, I keep telling myself "Just get the desserts and use the phone camera to take the pictures!". Oh well, that'll do as long as my craving has been taken care of.

Thursday night shopping in Sydney, we went to Chatswood for dinner at Makoto Sushi Bar (love their Wagyu Beef Roll & Oyster Omelette Roll) and I even had the Green Tea ice-cream for dessert. Then before we head home, San Churro came to mind. I am a big fan of American Churros (thicker, softer inside & strong cinnamon taste) ever since it was introduced to me more than ten(10) years ago. Sadly, I have never come across American Churros here in Sydney - you can either get it from the Movie World, Gold Coast or the Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne. So I settled with the Spanish Churros from San Churro instead.

Lovin' this quote from San Churro:
"Better to have enjoyed & made a mess than to never have enjoyed at all!"


Kids size Churros with dark chocolate dip $4.90
With the kids size churros you get three(3) of the tiny doughnuts, of which you can easily finish it in less than five(5) minutes. I was so delighted when my husband said he didn't want any, I get to have it all to myself! The doughnuts are freshly made, so you get that crunchy and warm taste. The generous serving of the dark chocolate allows me to dip the doughnuts multiple times. 

Do I feel guilty? Not at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment